Wednesday, December 1, 2010

So Thankful

I just returned from a week in Utah and a road trip home with my honey. It was an unexpected, amazing holiday. I intend to provide you with the details, but I'm starting with a scrapbook page. This page sums up the most important part of my Thanksgiving story. Check it out (click for credits):
miracles copy

The journaling reads as follows:

Miracle One: It began on Sunday, Nov 21, when I realized Hunter would not be home in time for Thanksgiving. This meant I would be alone for the holiday, and I was not thrilled. The next morning I happened to mention this sad fact to my sweet sister Sarah and she proceeded to buy me a plane ticket. I was home-bound the very next day! I couldn't have been happier.

Miracle Two:  The next day I flew into SLC in the middle of a huge snowstorm. I was so afraid my flight would be diverted or cancelled. Amazingly, I arrived safe and sound only an hour later than scheduled.

Miracle Three: Hunter travelled 604 miles in snow and wind, hauling a heavy load, to arrive in Minersville on Thanksgiving Day. I was able to spend Thanksgiving Day with the people I love the very most. It was a perfect day.

7 comments:

All About M.E.('s) said...

Wow! I knew that you were coming to Utah, but I had no idea that it was so last minute and all that went into it. What an awesome sister you have and I am so glad that Hunter made it to Minersville. I'm glad that you didn't have to spend Thanksgiving alone! And what a fun trip home! Such a great Thanksgiving story! And your page is beautiful to boot.

Monica Lifferth said...

I saw this layout in the gallery. It is perfect! I love that snowy traffic photo.

I'm so glad that you were able to come home. What a wonderful sister to make that happen for you. And yay for Hunter being there!

Zachary said...

That is awesome! What a set of Miracles!

ang said...

but WE didn't get to see you :)

your sisters rock!!

Nathan and Esther said...

I'm so glad you were able to come out! Sarah is pretty great isn't she?
I love that layout! I can't believe you actually managed to get a picture of dad where he is smiling and not trying to hide his face! That is the real miracle :)

Jana Holden said...

Beautiful LO and that is such a special story that will be a memory forever!

Brett and Andrea Evers said...

Oh, I love it! I love the miracles, I love the pictures and I love the layout. It's beautiful.