Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Comic Con

If you're a geek you probably already know about Comic Con. If you're not, you should check out this Wikipedia article; it'll give you the low-down. It began as a comic book convention, but has since morphed to include fans of video games, fantasy novels, and more.

I had heard about Comic Con before moving to San Diego, but I didn't really get it. I had seen a few pictures of people dressed up as various characters and recognized that some folks are definitely more successful at this than others. Well, Comic Con 2010 was held last weekend so Hunter and I headed right into the thick of things. We didn't attend the actual conference, but we didn't lack for entertainment.

Here are a few of the photos I took:
072410-081
072410-077
072410-080
072410-068
072410-027
072410-046
072410-019
Look at all the people!!
072410-042
Please note the awesome (slightly overpriced) Cozumel hat:
DSC07486

Here are a few of the photos Hunter took:
072410-023
Pretty sure I need these boots:
DSC07488
Pretty sure I need these...oh, nevermind!
072410-026
072410-032
072410-057
072410-060
Are you sensing a pattern here? I think I'm beginning to understand why guys love Comic Con so much.

On another note, we spotted Molly Quinn in person. She's on one of our favorite shows, Castle. Which we love because it stars Nathan Fillion, who was in Firefly...which is a seriously awesome SciFi show that only ran for one season. Bummer. Anyway, here's a photo of Molly Quinn:
molly quinn
Here's the photo we took while hanging out with the Comic Con crowd:
072410-070
Pretty convincing evidence, wouldn't you say?

Anyway, that was our Saturday. It was pretty awesome, if I do say so myself.

2 comments:

Liv said...

Rachie!!!! Oh my gosh, love your pics! Hilarious! I was laughing out loud! You know, my husband and I talked about going a few years back cause we're big Lost fans and they would be there but never went. Anyways, I wanted to tell you this story about Nathan Fillion!! Last year we went to Hawaii and our flight got over booked so we had to fly from Oahu to Maui. On the flight from Maui to L.A., Nathan was on our flight!!! I got up the strength to ask for his autograph and he was super nice!!! The sad part is that he used to be on One Life to Live and so I started watching Castle cause I love him! I thought you would like the story!!!

Zachary said...

I am so jealous!! And I like Hunter's pattern of pictures. Though the over-priced Cozumel hat picture is my favorite. I want to come with you guys next year!