Sunday, April 4, 2010

Spyders, Submarines & Shutterfly

We returned from work the other day to find a shiny new Can-Am Spyder in our parking lot. Hunter promptly began drooling. These cool "trikes" are not a common sight, and we happened to spot one at a gas station in Jasper last summer. Of course, we had to take a detour so we could get some photos. Well, imagine his elation when he discovered that BRP was holding a special test-drive event this weekend in San Diego! Oh yeah, he was all over it.

Here's me, getting the low-down. I had hoped to ride pillion, but they wanted Hunter to do his run solo first. I could have gone with him the second time around, but we decided not to bother with it.
100403_1964
I felt like a proud mom at her kid's sports event, snapping away with my big 'ole camera. But I've learned that if I get self-conscious and don't take photos, I'm kicking myself at the end of the day. And I definitely wanted photos of this occasion!
100403_1967
Hunter did a trial-run in the parking lot, and then took a touring model out on the road.
100403_1967
100403_1969
This photo demonstrates how ingrained motorcycle tendencies become. He's trying to make the Spyder, which is not a motorcyle, lean in the turn. As you can see, Hunter is the only object actually leaning.
100403_1974
And, because I took them so gosh darn it, I'm gonna use them:
100403_1976
100403_1980
When all was said and done, we got back onto the Wee and rode into the sunset. Okay, so we rode into the sun because it was the middle of the day...but my point is that we went home with our Wee. Not that we were actually considering purchasing a Spyder, but we were definitely curious. And now Hunter is even more convinced that he loves his two-wheelers.

Since the day was far from over, we decided to head up the coast. We ended up in Carlsbad, and visited some beautiful beaches. It was a bit cool and rather windy, so I was content to watch the waves.
100403_1982
100403_1987

In other news, we spent last weekend at the harbor. We toured several ships and submarines, and met up with a fellow Shutterfly Guru for dinner! Lisa happened to be in town for a few days, so we met up for dinner and had a great time. She was with a fun group of friends, and we enjoyed getting to know them.
100327_1960

I love sailboats; they look so beautiful on the water.
100328_1943

We toured the submarine on the left.
100328_1947
100328_1946

Inside the submarine. Talk about claustrophobia...I don't know how those guys do it. After 20 minutes, I was ready to get the heck outta there.
100328_1950

One of the boats we toured. We also toured the boat that was on the movie Master and Commander. Which I've never seen.
100328_1954

The Coronado bridge. We crossed this on the bike, in the dark. It was pretty awesome.
100328_1957

And, I guess that's it for now! Gotta get back to enjoying my weekend. :)

5 comments:

Brett and Andrea Evers said...

Very cool. Sounds like you are having a great time in CA. Nice pictures. I'm with you about the sub- I would be wanting off after about 5 minutes.

All About M.E.('s) said...

Sounds like you guys and California are getting along quite nicely. However, Utah still misses you guys!

Ze Gauchoz said...

the spyder looks like it would be more comfortable to drive.

Monica said...

How stinkin' cool are all those pictures. It is like you are on an endless vacation!

Esther said...

silly huntem