Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Disney + Shutterfly

Wanna know something cool? We live 1 1/2 hours away from Disneyland. Yeah, I'm still pinching myself. I've only been to Disneyland twice, and the last time was fifteen years ago. FIFTEEN! And I was an adult back then, too! Does this mean I'm getting old?? Yikes.

Anyway...last Wednesday, Hunter and I decided it was high time to take advantage of our locale and zip on up to the Happiest Place on Earth. The best part? We met a bunch of really cool folks there. I was really excited to meet a few fellow Shutterfly Gurus in person for the first time. We were thrilled to have Rachel, who actually works for Shutterfly and keeps us Gurus in line, join us! It was an awesome day.

Here's the entire group, in front of Snow White's Castle:
100407_2272

As it turns out, a lot of schools were on Spring Break so the lines were absolutely packed. It took two hours to finally ride Splash Mountain, and let me tell you it is not as magical as I remember it. Still fun, but a bit more crack than magic in my opinion.
IMG_7577
100407_2296

Nonetheless, it was a super fun day. Here's the Guru Girls:
100407_2245
I'm totally rocking the helmet hair in that photo. Yikes!

Hunter and I stayed until almost midnight, hoping the lines would die down a bit. We did manage to get in a bunch during the fireworks show, and yet we still saw a lot of fireworks from the lines and/or rides. And when all was said and done, we hopped on the motorcycle for the best ride of all...or maybe not.
100408_2233
We did hop on the motorcycle but HOLY COW it was a cold ride home! And we were pretty hammered, to boot. But yeah, I'd have to say it was a pretty awesome day. A pretty awesome day, indeed.

6 comments:

All About M.E.('s) said...

how fun! All of your stories almost make me want to move to California! Almost....

ang said...

so fun! and i hope by 'hammered' you mean tired... :)

Monica said...

I will try really hard not to express my jealousy. How awesome. I think I would have to be a season pass holder if I lived that close. I wonder how much those run.

Smiley Family said...

How fun! So, did you guys buy season passes? I'm sure you'll soon figure out the best times of year to go, to avoid the crowds and lines.

Esther said...

I showed maddie the pic of you guys in front of the snow white castle and her face lit up! it was so cute!

peaceliving said...

Hello there! I'm clicking around to see all the other new CT folks and designers from JS.com and I am so excited to find a fellow SoCal girl! I love San Diego and visit my sister who lives downtown often. We live in Orange County, about an hour north. And we love Disneyland, too (especially when it's sprinkling and it's not spring break...no lines!) Looking forward to working with you guys!