Saturday, February 6, 2010

Season of Change

The past two weeks have been a pretty wild ride. On Thursday, January 28th, I flew to San Diego for a job interview. Boy was that a nerve-wracking experience...but pretty exciting, too. The next day I received the phone call I was hoping for...I got the job! WOOHOO! Hunter and I are moving to San Diego! I can hardly believe it.

This week has been crazy. There is so much to do! Just to give you an idea, here is an abbreviated list of things that need to be done before I begin my new job on March 1:
  • Pack up all our crap
  • Purge the junk
  • Contact a rental agency (there's no chance our house will sell right now)
  • Clean the house
  • Hire professional cleaners to clean the house after I make a valiant attempt
  • Find a place to live in San Diego
  • Rent a moving truck
  • Visit my parents in Henrieville
  • Jayden's baby blessing
  • Lifferth German Dinner
  • Open a new back account (my current bank is located in Utah only)
  • Trip to San Diego
  • Get new cell phones
  • Find a job for Hunter
  • Move to San Diego
Oh yeah...and don't forget the TRIP TO COZUMEL! That's right, we are going on vacation in the middle of all this hullabaloo. Do you think I'll actually be able to relax??

In closing, I'd like to leave you with some temptation. Maybe it will inspire you to come join us on the sunny beaches of southern California. We're looking for a few good friends to accompany us! ;)



6 comments:

Esther said...

you also forgot
* find a place for essie and the kids to live near rachie when she moves to san diego

*spend every possible second with essie and maddie and ty because they will really really really miss you.
:(

Zachary said...

I am bringing my surfboard! And yes...I plan to visit.

See you at the German Dinner!

Brett and Andrea Evers said...

Wow! Congrats! That is really exciting. I'd love to hear the details of your new job.
I hate moving- it's always a big mess. Good luck with that!
Keep us posted on how it's going.

Smiley Family said...

You are headed for an adventure! We are going to miss you guys so much. I hate it when people move away and it seems there is just too much of that going on these days. But I am also very excited for you and wish you the very best in getting that list done! And yes, I think you should be able to relax a little bit while sitting on a sunny beach, reading a good book! At least I hope you will be able to!

commissioner said...

Well, Don't let the cold hit you on the way out.

Monica said...

You have tempted me and I will be there to visit at some point. I promise. :)