Sunday, August 9, 2009

DigiCropSLC

Last night I went to the first annual DigiCropSLC event, hosted by Designer Digitals. My super-cool fellow hard-core digi-scrappin' diva cousin Monica went with me, and we had a great time.
090808_7903
090808_7902
SLCgroup
There are arrows pointing to both myself and Monica because we were sort of hiding, lol. The best part about this picture? The woman in front of me is Katie Pertiet...scrapping genius extraordinaire! She is totally my hero, and I got to meet her in person last night! *SQUEAL!!!* Yes, I just squealed. I wish I had a teeny tiny portion of the talent this woman has. Not only does she design the most amazing digi-scrap products (I own 12.7 GIGS of her digi-goodness), but she also makes tons of scrappy layouts, maintains a blog, and is a creative team member for Shutterfly. I'm fairly certain she never sleeps!! Needless to say, I was very excited to meet her in person. She is one truly amazing woman!

At the digi crop we participated in several challenges. These are the scrapbook pages I made for the various challenges...enjoy. :)
30mm
temp challenge
web challenge
I'm so glad Monica went with me; she is another hero of mine. We had a lot of fun and I'm looking forward to doing this again soon. ;)

5 comments:

Nathan and Esther said...

I'm glad you were able to go to that. I love that denim pocket on one of the layouts...

Mark Nott said...

bunch'a nerds! :)

Monica said...

Ha Ha @ Esther! I hope you're kidding, if not, sorry. I couldn't stand that darn pocket and didn't know where to put it.

Rachie, you totally made my day. Thanks for all the nice words. I also had a great time and am so glad I was able to go. It was a blast.

Mark, look who's talking dude. ;)

The Carter Family: said...

CUTE!! Of course I love the page with Kiera on it the BEST!!! GREAT WORK!

Sandy said...

Such talent!