Tuesday, May 26, 2009

How My Fine Pumpkin Arse Saved My Life

Treyton started it
090525_2837

so Ryker followed suit
090525_2840

Kazie stepped up

090525_2848

and promptly stepped back down
090525_2851

Even Brave Maddie gave it a shot
090525_2869
090525_2873
(Doesn't she look like a graceful ballerina? I love it!)

Kenzie got brave, but wanted some assistance. I was more than happy to oblige:
090525_2881

Kazie decided to try again, but only if I helped her too:
090525_2888

I lifted her up and swung her gently over the water. I let go...
090525_2889
She did not.

Notice the death grip she has on my hands! She started swinging back toward the diving board and my life flashed before my eyes. I thought it was over.

In a last-ditch effort to save myself, I squatted. Fortunately, my posterier outweighs the rest of me and Kazie combined. I maintained my balance, and Kazie lost her death-hold. She plunged into the water and I survived unscathed.
090525_2890
Kazie told me later that when she is older and we try that again, she will probably do the same thing. I told her we will never know because my services are no longer available.

It's a darn good thing she's cute!
090525_2829

10 comments:

Monica said...

Oh you crack me up. Thank goodness for pumpkin butts!

Zachary said...

First of all, kudos to you for being the awesome aunt...again!
Second, just last week, I was telling someone how here in Scotland, they toss around swear words, (the big ones), like they were commas...but if you say the word "arse", it's like you slapped the Queen. Funny what is ok with one culture and not with another...and vice versa.

Jen said...

LOL! This is exactly why I enjoy reading your blog!

All About M.E.('s) said...

Great post. Who caught the whole thing on camera?

The Carter Family: said...

Super funny! And, the whole thing happened when I turned my head for a split second...dang it! Good thing for Hunter recapturing the moments!!

Becca said...

you're killing me. So, so funny. Glad Hunter got it on camera!

Becca said...

Oh yeah, and I knew that was going to happen but I wanted to see the pumpkin arse in action.....j/k.

Nathan and Esther said...

you crack me up! You forgot to mention the scream that reverberated off the mountains. I'm glad you didn't plung to your death.

Sandy said...

How fun! I wish we could have stayed. But then I think it was too cold for me! I know the pool is heated but the temperature wasn't that warm, was it? Thanks for sharing these fun pictures!!

ang said...

ok i'm CRYING!!!!!! LOLOLOLOLOLOL