Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Fish Tales and Other Stories

We found our way to Henrieville again for the Memorial weekend. Hunter and I camped in the yard again, and it rained both nights...it was awesome! Our Saturday hike was rained out, but we did go to Mossy Cave later that afternoon. Hunter hadn't been there before, which is kind of messed up. I really slacked off on that one! Anyway it was gorgeous, of course.
090523_2684
090523_2669
090523_2594
090523_2673
090523_2652

We actually got a photo together, which is pretty remarkable:
sheedys

My dad had to run back to the car, so my mama decided she would jump out and scare him.
090523_2601
090523_2607
I'm pretty sure she scared herself more than Gary!

We stopped by my Grandma's grave and gave her some flowers. It is so weird to me that my own husband never knew her. In fact, Braxton is the only grandson who got the chance to meet her, and he was too young to have any memories of it.
090523_2566
On Monday we headed to Beaver. We met up with Becca and her boys and went fishing on Beaver Mountain. It was beautiful...except for the freaky bugs and stuff.
090525_2781
090525_2763
090525_2788
The boys were cracking me up. They got distracted right away by the "minnows" swimming everywhere. I suggested they catch a few and use them as bait...they thought this was a great idea. Ryker spent the rest of the time chasing minnows; he no longer cared about the big fish. Oh and the minnows turned out to be fingerlings...the little trout that are put there for the sole purpose of being fished. While Braxton was chasing baby trout he ran across this:
090525_2792
Freaky Friday! Becca and I were kinda freaking out but the boys thought it was the greatest thing ever, of course. Oh yeah, and guess who caught the only fish?
090525_2798
Yes it was me, thank you very much. Nevermind the part where Hunter baited the line and cast it for me. And touched the darn thing after I caught it. Yuck...can you see how freaked out everyone looks? We could not get the hook out, and the little buddy was so small that it didn't do us any good to keep him. I think we all felt kinda bad about the whole thing, lol!

After fishing, we headed to Minersville for the twins' birthday party. It was kind of a triplet party because Kazie's birthday is also this month (as is Ayden's, but he didn't get to stick around for the swimming portion).
090525_2800
The twins' grandma rented the Minersville pool, and the kids had a BLAST! It was tons of fun...I think the twins need to have a birthday every weekend! Although truth be told, I was more exhausted than they were by the end of the day! Kazie conked out as soon as we got home:

090525_3004
Maddie seems pretty fascinated when she comes across a sleeping cousin. She kept getting right in Kazie's face, trying to figure out what was going on. It was pretty cute.

I sure like these kids. And I really like being able to leave them with their mamas, so I can go home and get a good night's sleep...LOLOL! It was a great weekend; I sure do like my family. :)

6 comments:

ang said...

beautiful pictures
eagle gate college shirt
sandy lol gary lol
hellaba? (sp)
poor fish
hunter is cute!
maddie is cute too
when are you guys coming to visit?

Zachary said...

Those really are some good pictures...and it looks like you had a great weekend.

Your Grandma Johnson was a great woman. I'm sure the next generation will learn to appreciate her memory.

Becca said...

I'm glad you took pics.....the weekend was a blast!

Monica said...

It looks like you guys had a blast! Your pics make me crave the country. I really need to get out of this city!

Mindy said...

Mossy Caves is beautiful. Glad Hunter finally got to experience the beauty. Sounds like a fun weekend, exhausting, but fun!

Nathan and Esther said...

I'm glad you guys had a fun weekend. I think it's hysterical that mom tried to 'scare' dad! I love the expression on Ryker's face at the fish...he (of ALL people) I would NOT expect to be grossed out.