Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Identity Crisis

As I mentioned in my last post, I've been scanning my dad's slides. I've encountered a number of images that are supposedly me...although I'm not sure I buy it. The little girl in these photos is unrecognizable to me. I don't recall having any of these images reflected back when gazing in a mirror. I have no memory of these captured moments. I'm inclined to believe it's a conspiracy...I swear I didn't exist until I was about four years old. And even then, it seems my existence was sporadic. It really doesn't make sense to me: how could I grow and learn and do, and not remember? How could I have been so itty bitty? Does anyone else get weirded out by pictures of their little selves, or is it just me?

What was I thinking? "What is that horrendous brightness? I should have never left the house."
Scan-090406-0003

Here I am, too busy sleeping to enjoy the scenery. One of Hunter's favorite things about me.
Scan-090408-0019

"I'm a cowboy baby! But only if dad promises not to let go."
Scan-090410-0011

"If I smile, do you swear you'll take me back inside?"
Scan-090411-0032

I think Santa looks more traumatized than the screaming child!
Scan-090412-0005

"An indoor horse...it's PERFECT!!!"
Scan-090412-0009

"Maybe if I look sweet & innocent, no one will know I'm plotting to become an only child again..."
Scan-090414-0005

"This is great, but what's up with these poofy pants??"
Scan-090414-0003

And the all time fave...
Scan-090414-0009
I know exactly what I was thinking in that one. It went like this: "SUGAR!!!!! SUGARSUGARSUGARSUGARSUGARSUGARSUGAR!!!!!"

Good times. At least, I'm told they were.

11 comments:

Monica said...

Ha! Great pictures! What a different time. I always trip out when I'm holding a baby and then I think that at one point I was that small. It's weird.

Nathan and Esther said...

That last one is one of my favorites too. I think it's a family classic. It looks like you were getting ready to choke Jed in that one picture. That one pic of you and mom and grandma j...did they put you in a bucket and carry you around like a doll? Those pictures are great. I do think you are wierd but for other reason that don't involve being little. :)

Sandy said...

I loved seeing these pictures! It brought back some fun memories! I had to laugh when I read each caption. They were perfect for each picture!

You're still a cutie!

Love ya,
Mother

All About M.E.('s) said...

I think that you look like Esther in a couple of them, especially the one where you are sitting on the grass wearing a blue dress. Anyway, cute cute cute pictures!

Nathan and Esther said...

Nathan wants to know what that cake is suppposed to be.

The Carter Family: said...

How funny! I especially love the last pic-I remember seeing it during family slide shows growing up and we all cracked up over it...I guess some things never change, huh?

Brett and Andrea Evers said...

Those pictures are too cute! I love the last one and your caption. What a cute little girl!!!

Smiley Family said...

Great pics! I love old photos and it is fun to see you as a little girl - you were adorable!

ang said...

i can't stop laughing!!!!!!!

Jen said...

LOLOLOL! So funny! Can I just tell you how much I enjoy reading your blog! I need to comment more because you always make me laugh.

The Wright's said...

LOL!! You are so funny. I love the photos, especially of the ones where you were attempting to be an only child. That obviously didn't work! ;-)

I also love the build a bear workshop. I should work there because I hate them in my home, but I think they are fun to make! You are a great aunt Rachel, you really are.