Tuesday, April 21, 2009

All the Wrong Moves

Sometimes I wish I really was on crack...at least then I'd have an excuse for some of the whacked-out things I do. LOL! Yesterday I actually had to drive to work; usually I ride with Hunter, which is nice. I really don't like driving...I get kinda stressed. We take one of two routes to work EVERY DAY...pretty sure I know the routine. Except I still screwed it up and took the wrong exit. Don't ask me how or why, it just happened.

Then on the way home, I tried to get on the freeway. We have two routes for getting to work, but about 10 for getting home. I picked a route that involved the freeway because it wasn't yet 5:00, so I figured I was safe. I headed south on West Temple intending to hit I-15. Well guess what...you can't be in the lefthand lane if you want to get on the freeway. How many times have I gotten on the freeway here, and never noticed that before??? So yeah, I didn't figure things out until it was too late, and I was stuck on West Temple.

No problem...I followed the road and ended up on 1300 south. I'll just pick up the freeway here, I figured. So I did. And promptly exited again two minutes later. You see, as soon as you get on I-15 at 1300 south, the two right-hand lanes become "exit only" and you'd better merge fast. And hope there are no rude vehicles preventing you from being forced to take the exit lane. Of course, I had no such luck...and five minutes later I was on 2100 south and Redwood. I was making ZERO progress and by this time I was completely flustered.

This is why I hate driving. I'm surprised I got anywhere yesterday!

In other news, we went to Daybreak again last weekend. They've pretty much finished Oquirrh Lake, and it's so cool. We went the week before and took our boats, this last time Hunter took his sailboat and I took a book. There are about a billion seagulls on the north part of the lake, and they totally crack me up. They're pretty spastic, if you ask me.
090420_1250

They look pretty cool when they all take off at the same time:
090420_1258
090420_1254

Maddie came to visit the other day. This girl is hysterical...she is such a character!
090420_1262
090420_1272

And last but not least, Hunter spent the weekend installing the cruise control system for our bike. I could not resist this shot of his hand:
090420_1283
If that's not the definition of manual labor and skill, I don't know what is! I can't believe the things those hands can accomplish.

Well, I guess that's enough rambling for one day. Here's to hoping I won't have to drive again in the next three weeks. I think Hunter learned his lesson and won't be leaving me to my own devices in the near future. :)

8 comments:

All About M.E.('s) said...

I'm not a big fan of driving either. And I don't pay attention when Marty is driving. One time I actually had to drive to Marty's parents house and although I had been there a million times, I made a lot of wrong turns trying to get there. Same thing on the way home. I'm just glad that Marty doesn't mind driving!

Kaila said...

That sounds like something I would do! Ah, a kindred spirit.

Brett and Andrea Evers said...

Hilarious! Especially about being on crack!
I love the pictures. The one of Hunter's hand reminds me of my hubby. Don't you love having someone who can fix or build anything? It's the greatest thing.

Monica said...

That hand reminds me of my dad. He is a farmer and his hands are always covered in grease, knicks, blood, and band-aids. Great pic. Can't wait to get together soon. I'm so looking forward to it!

Nathan and Esther said...

oh you crack me up! I'm glad you made it home eventually.

ang said...

ha ha ha!!! you were probably distracted because you were trying to think of alternate spellings for the name "rick"...

Sandy said...

Where was Hunter when you needed him? I'm definitely a 'country driver' where there are only two lanes of highway and very little traffic!

Smiley Family said...

I am so sorry! I hate it when I miss an exit and have to turn around - so frustrating!! Can't wait for Saturday!