Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Muddy Suzy

We took our Suzuki (affectionately known as Suzy) off-road this weekend. First we went up an ATV hill:
090216_0559
090216_0562
090216_0567
Then we followed a dirt road that disappeared into a creek. So we followed the creek. We went through some pretty impressive terrain. I was dying to get a picture, but if I had stepped out of the vehicle I'm pretty sure I would have sunk to the middle of the earth, the mud was so deep. So you'll have to use your imagination. :) I have to admit I was kinda nervous; I kept thinking we would get stuck for good. Fortunately, due to the glories of four-wheel-drive and Hunter's skilled driving, we didn't even come close. And it was awesome! Here are the after-effects:
090215_0555
090216_0558
Poor Suzy was absolutely plastered. There were even chunks on her roof! It was a lot of work to get her clean again. I waited patiently while Hunter did all the grunt work:
090216_0582

I think Suzy lost about 85 lbs in that wash:
090216_0583

And finally, good as new!
090216_0584
We might have to do this again sometime.

4 comments:

Monica said...

Seriously? I would have never suspected that little car would be so tough. Again, I get to live vicariously through your blog. I love you adventures.

Nathan and Esther said...

Where did you get that car washed? They don't have car washes like that in Henrieville!

It looks like you guys had a lot of fun...good thing you didn't take dad (or mom)!

Becca said...

You are brave to take it up that hill! Good thing you washed it BEFORE you got back to the city. (Don't want anyone thinking you are hillbillies, ha ha.)

Jess said...

That looks like so much fun!!!