Sunday, January 4, 2009

Redneck Monsters

It's Monster Truck time! We went to the Steel Thunder show at the E-Center. We decided to go for the Pit Passes and front row seats. Hunter is a monster truck pro, but this was my first time. I was looking forward to it.

The trucks are HUGE! Holy cow!
monster_0001

I'm just barely taller than that tire!
monster_0009

Check out these booties...
monster_0021

This truck was my fave...the driver is a chick! How cool is that?!
monster_0052

The motocross dudes:
monster_0078
monster_0092
monster_0098
monster_0104
monster_0109
I'll be honest, I was relieved when this part was over. I was pretty sure someone was going to die doing those crazy stunts! Hunter promised me he will never ever EVER even think about doing anything insane like those guys were doing. Yikes!

Then it was time for the Tuff Truck competition. This guy was our favorite.
monster_0133

This double-bump really did a number on the trucks:
monster_0135

Check it out...this guy wanted to come sit with us!!
monster_0136

Now I know why the first few rows were roped off!
monster_0137
monster_0139

Isn't that Uncle Richard's van??
monster_0170

The trucks show their stuff:
monster_0172
monster_0199
monster_0208
What a show! I may have to do this again. :) But I do need to wash my hair first...it smells like exhaust fumes!

7 comments:

Mark Nott said...

wow, you got some really great shots. Looks like it was a blast

The Carter Family: said...

Awesome!! I would love to go to that one day!!!

Nathan and Esther said...

That looked like a lot of fun! too bad we missed out. those trucks are pretty cool!

kaparowitzzz said...

perty cool stuff. nice pics.

ang said...

we went to a monster truck show once. it was LOUD. D really liked looking at your pics!

Jess said...

That is so cool! Seriously, I'm a little jealous.

Monica said...

B loved your pics! He was saying, "cool! I want to do that!" Oh boy. Looked like a lot of fun!