Sunday, December 28, 2008

Winter Wonderland

One of my favorite Christmas presents this year actually came from the sky, in the form of frozen ice crystals. When I was a kid, I absolutely loved the snow. It was beautiful and magical, and even got us out of school on occasion. However, as I grew up the snow lost its charm and I was no longer enchanted by it. I viewed it as an inconvenience and a threat; something to be dreaded and shunned.

Well. Along came Hunter, and he has helped me to see the charm again! It certainly helps that I rarely have to drive in it, and I have full confidence in his snow-driving skills. It also helps that he gave me a super-warm coat for Christmas so I don't have to freeze to death every time I go outside. But mainly he has helped me to see the beauty of mother nature in all her forms. He has helped me let go of the stress so I can appreciate the exciting, adventurous side of the experience.

So in keeping with this newly regained spirit of adventure, I participated in a few outdoor activities during the week. Here is the evidence:
christmas_0021

Me and Ayden (going a lot faster than it looks!)
christmas_0110

Hunter (going faster than it looks)
christmas_0088

Me and Hunter (going slower than it looks, haha)
m13

Reagan:
christmas_0050

Sadie & Ayden:
christmas_0048

Grandma & Ayden:
christmas_0081

Sarah & Reagan:
christmas_0083
christmas_0084

Sadie:
m17

Hunter's RC snowcat, Blizzy:
christmas_0221
christmas_0234
christmas_0226

The semi-frozen creek (not frozen enough, as we discovered on several occasions!)
christmas_0233

More Blizzy:
christmas_0236

Tracks:
christmas_0240

Our Suzuki(aka Suzy)'s adventure in the snow:
christmas_0243
christmas_0247
christmas_0248
christmas_0249
christmas_0250
We sure love having a good snow vehicle!

Moving on, I think this ends my love affair with snow. I am now officially done with the winter and would like to invite summer to please return. Now that Christmas is over I have no more need for cold and icicles and all of this wintery nonsense. Let's move on to the next season already. Thanks.

7 comments:

sandy.johnson said...

Oh, such cool pictures and some fun memories! It's fun to look outside and see evidence of Hunter enjoying his "toy" out in the snow with all its' tracks...such wonderful memories of your visit with us!! Thanks for helping us have a great Christmas!!

Love,

Your favorite Mother!

ang said...

ha ha i loved this post! i was laughing the whole way through. ps- that sled looks super sketchy! lolol

Anonymous said...

Beautiful pictures. Makes me want to go sledding!

-Mindy

haben said...

I recently came accross your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I dont know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.

Kate
http://educationonline-101.com

Becca said...

You must be in love! I don't think you've been sledding since elementary school.
P.S. Love Sarah's coveralls.

THE BRADY BUNCH said...

Ha ha - I thought I told you NOT to post those pics of me (which by the way are DAD'S COVERALLS - not mine) but it did look fun - you guys were cute on that OLD rickety sled - we'll bring better gear next year!!!

Gretch said...

What fun! I LOVE sledding-it makes you feel like such a kid again! Great pictures, like always!