Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Trucks, Dust and a Random Donkey

It was a great weekend in Henrieville! For starters, we took FJ and PJ to the Henrieville Reservoir.
heaven_0522
heaven_0523
heaven_0526 ms
heaven_0534ms
There were some tough crossings! The trucks had to be air-lifted. We were relieved to finally arrive in one piece. The grand reservoir:
heaven_0544ms
Empty! I was rather baffled by this. Someone (don't look at us) decided to chuck a few rocks to see how deep the mud was.
heaven_0568ms
Plop! We decided it was unsafe terrain for little truckies, and promptly drove them home. PJ happened to be carrying a GPS system (how kind of him). Here are our tracks:
walk
This little afternoon walk turned out to be five miles long! Wow, way to trick me into exercising, honey! Lol.

This guy was not a fan of the little trucks:
heaven_0645ms
He didn't mind if I walked up to him, but as soon as the trucks approached...he was outta there!

After our five mile escapade, I was famished. Fortunately, my parents planned ahead and arranged for dinner at the Shakespeares. They are family friends who were our next-door (and only) neighbors when we lived in Kodachrome. They are the coolest people...and make the best fish ever invented, I kid you not. Tom goes to Alaska to catch his own salmon. He then prepares it in such a way that even non-fish (specifically non-salmon) lovers will wolf it down and ask for more. It is that good. Needless to say, we stuffed ourselves.

So...the next day we had to go on another walk. Calories to burn, fresh air to breathe, and new vehicles who needed their legs stretched. Off we went with the buggies. Stealth Buggy and Mad Fighter, to be exact.
Hunter, Rachael and Gary 001
heaven_0654ms
heaven_0655ms
These guys are fast, and a lot of fun. A lot of fun! This walk went by much quicker because the pace was considerably faster. Oh yeah, and it was only three miles.

Needless to say, after all that walking I parked myself on the couch for the rest of the day and refused to move. I even convinced my sweet mama to make me an apple pie! Okay really, I think that was Hunter's doing. My parents adore Hunter, and it is so cute! We always have so much fun with them, and it makes me wish we lived closer. But hey, it gives us a good reason to get out of town, right??

1 comment:

ang said...

Sounds like fun! Tell your mama to send up an apple pie for us! When are we gonna road trip to Caliente, cuz my parents adore Hunter too...