Sunday, October 12, 2008

Inspired

I'm always looking for new ideas and ways to display my digital creations. I found a great idea here, and it came in the nick of time...I needed a gift for my good friend Abi's shower.

So...I made these designs:
wall block bloom copy
wall block grow copy
wall block dream copy
I printed the designs on Avery Printable Fabric sheets, which I found at Office Depot. I found the canvases at Jo-Ann's (I used the 5"x5" size). I removed the canvas, ironed the printable fabric onto the canvas, and then reattached the canvas. Here is the final product:
081012_0181
I really like the idea...although I'd really prefer to have them professionally printed. Of course, the cost is quite a bit more and the results aren't as immediate so in this case it wasn't an option. Anyway it was a fun project.

I also printed these designs and ironed them onto some onesies...the onesies are super easy and fun to make.
cute as a bug
stink bug
luv bug
So yeah, that's pretty much all I have to say. It's been a relaxing, lazy, cozy weekend and I'm really not looking forward to Monday. Ah, well...the work week will be over soon enough, right?

9 comments:

The Carter Family: said...

Super cute! I love the wall hangings! Oh, and I love the onesies too...I guess I love all of your creations!!

The Lund Five said...

Very cute as usual! I love the pictures and the onesies are really cute with the little sayings. You are very talented!

Jess said...

Oh my gosh! How cute are those?! You're so creative. I'll have to keep this in mind the next time one of my friends has a baby. Thanks for sharing!

kaparowitzzz said...

Who are you going to give the stink bug one to?

rsheedy said...

Jed, I made that one especially for you. ;)

The Wright's said...

Holy Smokes girl! I love your ideas! You are so talented.

All About M.E.('s) said...

Very cute idea!

Becca said...

I think you need to practice one more time and make three for a little girls room (Kazie), just to make sure you really know how to do it lol.

Smiley Family said...

You are AMAZING! Seriously, I'm not saying that lightly.