Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Critters

My bestest friend ever had baby boy #2 about a month ago. It was his blessing day last Sunday and I couldn't show up without gifts! When his older brother arrived three years ago, I had an afghan ready. However, my knitting hobby has fallen off the face of the earth...it's been taken over by this digi-scrap stuff! So here's what I came up with for little Bennett:
P9213180
I used these brushes, which just so happen to be on sale until Friday. I then used an oil crayon brush to 'color' these critters, so it looks like actual crayon scribbling. I love how it turned out! However, I couldn't come up with cute sayings for these guys, so they are just a wee bit lonely. If anyone has any ideas, please share! The only thing I could think of was something about being crabby on the crab onesie...lol. That one is just a bit obvious. The rest, however, not so easy...at least for me.

I also made a little chipboard album. I used photos of Bennett that his sweet mama obligingly provided me with, and covered the entire page with each photo. Then I used Ali Edwards' various brushes to add some words to the pages. I used Cosmo Cricket's Gracie Album, and just scanned in one of the chipboard pieces to get the page template. Printed the pages on white Bazzill cardstock...love the texture of this stuff. I sanded and inked the edges, then adhered the pages with Mod Podge. I also covered the pages with Mod Podge to allow for lots of handling. I've found that you also have to use an acrylic sealer to reduce tackiness and prevent the pages from sticking together. Added some ribbon to the binder ring and voila! A great little gift.
P9213186
Here's a look at some of the pages:
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
And the best part of the whole story? Hunter and I arrived in Provo (a few hours late but let's not discuss that) and I discovered the gifts of joy were not in the car!! Horror of horrors, I had left them home! Ack! I'm probably the worst friend ever invented.

However, this means I still have time to take suggestions for adding words to those onesies...so your submissions are more than welcome!!!

10 comments:

All About M.E.('s) said...

Soooo cute-both the onsies and the album. If I think of any saying I'll let you know.

The Lund Five said...

Both of those things are really cute. I also can't think of any sayings, but if I do I'll let you know.

Monica said...

You are not getting any help from me either, sorry. I love the album. You amaze me. Seriously.

ang said...

No matter what you do, you'll always be the best dude ever!!!! Come visit again soon! :)

The Carter Family: said...

Super cute! As soon as I know what I'm having I'll give you a call so you'll have PLENTY of time to make LOTS of cute stuff for he/she. Oh, and no clue for words-but who needs words anyways?!!

The Wright's said...

I NEVER get over how incredibly crafty you are...you are simply amazing!!

Becca said...

I haven't read your blog since we came to visit. Cute pics of Maddi. Way cute album and onesies. No need for words.

Smiley Family said...

The onsies are super cute just the way they are. However, one thing did come to mind but it's kinda cheesy (which you can get away with on baby stuff!) - "havin' a whale of a good time" Oh well, I tried.

P.S. You are simply amazing. It's true.

Smiley Family said...

Here is another, "Fish gotta swim, babies gotta eat" It's from Finding Nemo - (well it is when you substitute birds with babies). Again, it's kinda cheesy and they really are cute just as they are.

kaparowitzzz said...

nice pics. wish i could do that.