Tuesday, August 12, 2008

And, More Camping...

You'll never guess what we did for the weekend...that's right, more camping. It was the perfect weather for it, how could we not?? Parley's Canyon was closed, so we had to go down to Provo and then up through Provo Canyon to get to our destination. The detour was great though, because in Provo Canyon we saw this:
camping 006
It was right over our heads, so we decided to stop and watch. Obviously, this guy was trying to put out the remainder of the fire near Bridal Veil Falls; it seemed that his efforts were incredibly futile. But it was super cool to watch him; he refilled the 'bucket' just a few yards away from where we stood! We were both pretty enthralled. :)
camping 019
camping 023
You can still see the water streaming out of the bucket, even though the bucket is merely a speck in the sky:
camping 034
Seriously cool stuff!
camping 038
Our intended destination was this site; however, when we arrived we found it occupied. Never fear, the woods are plenty big for everyone. Well no they aren't, because that would turn the woods into another city. But my point is that we found another sweet spot. No babbling stream in this new spot, nor was there a makeshift latrine...but it was still quite lovely. It was raining when we arrived, but we found an area that was completely dry and pitched the tent.
camping 046
Inside the grove we found a cozy little haven, perfect for the campfire.
camping 047
After setting up camp the rain stopped for a minute, and the sun came out. The light was gorgeous so I snapped a few pics of the beautiful green hills:
camping 044
camping 049
Our poor car. We just paid to have the darn thing washed, waxed, and detailed...and now look:
camping 053
Okay, you can't see the mud that well but trust me, there's a lot of it. The bigger chunks are on the passenger side, which was unfortunately in shadow and therefore not photograph-worthy.

On the second day of our camping trip, I did something I've never done before. I shot a BB gun! Yay me, I know...lol. But I was quite proud of myself because I actually hit the target! Wow! Here's me:
camping 051
Here's the damage:
camping 052
Had that been a Dr. Pepper can, I would have missed on purpose...blasphemy! Just kidding sweetie.

We also took our little pets for a walk. I'm not sure if you've seen Hunter's latest acquisition:
camping 069
He still needs to be painted, but I think he looks pretty good in white. :)

A few more scenic shots (the clouds were awesome that day!):
camping 073
camping 055
camping 066
camping 065
camping 072
All in all, it was a very lovely weekend. :)

5 comments:

Zachary said...

Holy Cow! That looks like it was a lot of fun. Gorgeous scenery!

Nathan and Esther said...

What a beautiful spot! we definetely need to go with you guys next time.

Becca said...

A BB gun? What is this world coming to. Glad the kick didn't knock you over. Ha Ha.

Jess said...

You're pictures always turn out so great! I'm jealous, my pictures never turn out half as good as yours.

Momma Mimi said...

What an awesome trip!!! How come your pictures are always SO nice and crisp?
Missin you!
Mimi