Monday, June 9, 2008

SLC to Clearwater National Forest: 560 miles

I love technology. I love it so much that I even sang about it at our wedding. No wait, that was a movie I saw…okay, nevermind. The point is, we are travelling down the highway going roughly 60 mph and I am online, uploading pictures and blogging about the events as they happen. I'm surrounded by gadgets such as my laptop, smartphone, digital slr camera, and two global positioning systems…not to mention the car-adapted power supply for the laptop. All of these technological miracles allow me to share my experiences with you in
real time. I get choked up just thinking about it. Okay so I'm kidding about the choked-up part, but only a little bit. That's how much of a geek I really am.

Of course, this is all dependent on one key factor: the cell phone signal. I'm discovering that we tend to travel in signal-free zones; that's where the most rugged, gorgeous scenery is found. So, while I have numerous incredible photos to share…it's just gonna have to wait. Just picture the most vivid green you can imagine, and that ought to sum it up pretty well!

Oh and I should also mention that yes, we are camping (hence the car: more room for camping gear), and yes, it rained all night. It was a long, cold night for me. Hunter slept like a rock.

4 comments:

Monica said...

Yay for technology! It sounds like you two are having a lovely time. (Sorry, about the no sleep). I am jealous, seriously. Can't wait to hear more!

Zachary said...

I thought you road-tripped on motorcycles! Oh well...the tribute to technology is well-received! Yay for technology...yay for the song that was sung at a wedding about it! Keep the posts coming and hopefully you will get some sleep!

Becca said...

I'm still trying to picture you singing! Bring on the pics. Can't wait to hear from you in rainy Seattle.

Nathan and Esther said...

you guys are nuts. But at least we know what you are doing it when you are doing it. I bet that makes dad happy.