Sunday, June 15, 2008

Plans, Schmlans

The plan was to blog every day, or at least most days of the trip. The plan was to camp every night except the nights spent with family in Seattle. The plan was to be home today, and take Braxton and Ryker to Lagoon tomorrow.

Well.

So far, I've blogged a grand total of two days. And it really only counts as one day, because the second post was just pics of the first day. I must admit, I've just been too darn busy enjoying myself to stop and blog about it! Not to mention the fact that my spotty internet connections don't really allow for photo uploading...and who wants to read about a trip without photos?

As for camping every night...well we've pretty much done that. Except one night, when we were supposed to camp at Jedediah Smith State Park...how cool is that? Right in the middle of the Redwood Forest. In honor of my goof troop bro, we picked this particular campground when planning the trip. And then we arrived and found this:
seattle1039
Rude! So rude. We drove around just to be sure and yes, it was jammed-pack full of campers. Darn them all. So we drove onward and found a hotel. A *ahem* cheap hotel, wherein we discovered a hairball in our sheets. I'm throwing up just thinking about it. Otherwise, I have to admit I was vastly relieved at being able to sleep in a real bed, with real walls protecting us from real bears. And a real shower in the morning. Can't say enough about those 'little' amenities!

Moving on to the next plan...returning home. Becca and her family were supposed to come to town; Kazie is scheduled for surgery tomorrow. Becca and Jed would stay with Kazie while Hunter and I would take the boys to Lagoon. However, poor Kazie-cakes came down with pneumonia. Becca called me yesterday from the hospital, to let me know she obviously wouldn't be coming to town after all. The good news is that Kazie is feeling much better. We were also a bit relieved that we didn't have to try to beeline it home today...it was going to be at least 12 hours of driving. So, since we don't have to be home until tomorrow now...we are still on the road! And since this extra night wasn't in the plans, I convinced Hunter to let us get a hotel room. I'm ready for another one of those fancy things they call a shower...woohoo! So here I am, in South Lake Tahoe, facing the stark reality that our vacation is coming to a screeching halt. Ugh.

On the other hand, I have billions of photos and tons of cool things to talk about for a few days, so rest assured: there will be more to come. :)
seattle444
seattle354
seattle351

5 comments:

Mark N. said...

Your reason for going to the hotel sounds like the same reason we moved from our first place.
I hope you had fun.

Zachary said...

What is the point of having plans if not to ignore, change and alter them? Hope the rest of your trip goes smoothly and that screeching halt at the end doesn't give you "vacation whiplash".

Brady said...

I'm glad you finally updated! I'm looking forward to more vacation recaps! Looks like it was FUN!!

(THis is RUth, not brady!)

ang said...

For some reason I don't believe that you really thought it was rude that the campground was full...

Those pics are so beautiful. I can't wait to see more (and to hear about your adventure at Lagoon).

Momma Mimi said...

Those can't be pictures you took? They look like postcards!
Sure miss you! Lets play this summer!