Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Destination: Seattle

I can't believe how behind I am!! And of course, each day that goes without blogging is yet another story added to the pile. I have quite the backlog. Anyway, let's get right to the point, shall we?

When we arrived the previous night, we stayed at my Aunt Sally's new house. It is stunning! Not only is it gorgeous, but it is surrounded by the most beautiful forest. You would never guess her house is in the middle of a city; it felt like we were miles away from anyone! Sally and her family were so nice to put us up in their brand new digs, especially considering that we had been camping for several days. They made us feel right at home, and wow...what a home it was (is)!
seattle450
seattle457
seattle470
This is the coolest bathtub I've ever seen. Hands down. Well, it's actually the windows around the bathtub that make it so cool. Nonetheless, I absolutely love it!
seattle484
seattle487
seattle489

Seattle. What a beautiful city. Of course the first thing on our list was the Space Needle. What a great way to get a good look at the place! It was pretty amazing.
seattle501
seattle502
seattle503
seattle504
We got to see a float plane land as another one took off:
seattle511
The iconic Space Needle:
seattle530
There is a Science Fiction museum next door to the Space Needle, so of course we had to go. Hunter absolutely loved it! I thought it was cool, but of course I was only there to support my hubby {wink, wink}. After the Science Fiction Museum we rode the monorail to some random mall and had lunch. Oh, and we found this:
seattle528
Only in Seattle would you find a vending machine for books!! This is my kind of city!!!

We then returned to our car and headed to the Museum of Flight. I think this is turning out to be the greatest day of Hunter's life! There we were able to tour both a Concorde
seattle534
and Air Force One.
seattle570
I think it was the first Air Force One ever invented, because it had the most ancient copy machine I'd ever seen. It also had an old rotary phone encased in glass, which said "help us protect this important artifact". When did rotary phones become artifacts?!

Anyhoo, enough about planes (sorry, honey). On to the good stuff. We left the Flight Museum and headed to Tanna's house...woohoo! We got to hang out with Tanna and her family for the evening, and it was great. We kinda like these guys.
seattle608

7 comments:

The Carter Family: said...

WOW!!! You're trip looked AWESOME!!! I bet that was so much fun staying with both Sally & Tanna!! And both their houses look nice-I really can't believe Sally's is in the middle of the city-it definitely doesn't look that way!!! I'm looking forward to hearing more!!

The Lund Five said...

I am so jealous! I have always wanted to go to Seattle and I have never been. Sally's house is gorgeous. One of these days I hope to make it there. I look forward to hearing more about your trip!

Zachary said...

That house turned out pretty darn good. I saw it back in November. Most everything was in...but that driveway! Wow!

And the people in that last picture...they are pretty much some of my favorite people in the world.

Looks like a fun trip!!

The Wright's said...

Looks like such fun! I love the pics. Say Hi to everyone!

All About M.E.('s) said...

I want to go on vacation.It looks like so much fun. Beautiful pictures, as usual.

Jess said...

Dang Gina! What a house! Looks like a great vacation.

Becca said...

Beautiful driveway...love the house. How fun. Seattle is such a pretty place. I'm like Emily, I still need to get there! Take me, take me.