Thursday, May 22, 2008

Drug-Free Me

may08 025
For the first time in roughly ten years, I am 100% Zoloft-free. I've struggled with depression for as long as I can remember, but it took me quite a few years to realize what was going on. It took me even longer to admit/accept that treatment was necessary. I can't say enough about the wonders of Zoloft.

Of course, as with anything, there are downsides. For years, the negatives paled in comparison to the benefits, but I no longer believe this to be the case. So I've given Zoloft the boot...and it's fighting back! I expected a few emotional moments during my six-week weaning process, but that has actually been very minimal. The worst of it has been the headaches and dizziness...the physical withdrawal symptoms can be quite brutal. I had no idea! Kinda makes me hope I can stay drug-free for good! Wish me luck...or more accurately, wish Hunter luck! :)

11 comments:

All About M.E.('s) said...

Yeah! Good for you.

Smiley Family said...

Way to go Rachie!! And I do wish you (& Hunter) the best of luck!

Mark N. said...

that's great you have Hunter (and your blogger friends) to help you through it.
May the Force be with you.

The Lund Five said...

Good luck Rachel.

The Carter Family: said...

That's AWESOME!! I can't even give up caffeine, let alone a major drug! I am VERY proud of you!! Way to go!!

Zachary said...

Rachel that is awesome! I am so proud of you! Seriously...that is a huge step. Don't forget that you have literally hundreds of family members supporting you!

LOVE YOU!!! YOU GO GIRL!

Jess said...

Good luck!

ang said...

Oh dude. Let me know if you need anything. Any time.

Monica said...

Like Zach said, you are loved by many. Let me know if I can help in any way. I'm just an instant message away!

kaparowitzzz said...

Well sis..I sincerely wish you the very best. I think there may be some permanent brain damage but we still love you. Just kidding. Anyway, my know-it-all advice would be to seek out a well-rounded lifestyle. By that I mean try to address the 4 quadrants of IQ, SQ, EQ, and whatever the fourth one is, PQ? If all else fails, I have some yerba mate for you to use anytime. After all, it is considered the drink of the Gods.

Nathan and Esther said...

drug free is the way to be! Congrats on kicking the habit...