Monday, April 7, 2008

What We Did

This is what we did over the weekend:
DSC05279
and this:
minersville 092
and this:
DSC05299
and this:
minersville 063

And that's just the beginning. On Saturday, we picked up the Rigbys and headed to Minersville. We had a short weekend that was tons of fun! Hunter had a blast with the Albrecht's off-road vehicle; it is pretty awesome! We took it for a test run and then he and Braxton went adventuring in the hills. I jumped on the trampoline with Ryker, Treyton & Kazie and let me tell you, if you want to feel your age this is the way to do it. When I was a kid this was by far my favorite activity, and I could jump for HOURS. I could do all kinds of aerobatic stunts (okay, just backflips...but still!!!), and my energy was limitless. I envied my friends who had trampolines, and thought they were the greatest invention EVER. I still think they are tons of fun but holy cow, when did they become so much work? It's like major exercise, and my body is NOT HAPPY about it! I tried so hard to keep up with the kids, because we had a lot of fun. But eventually, I had to throw in the towel. I need to get my own trampoline, so I can 'practice' while I'm not with the kids. Now, if I can just figure out how to fit it in my 'yard'...lolol!

On Sunday we helped Treyton celebrate his fifth birthday. My parents and all of my sisters and their families were there, and we had a blast. The Carters really know how to party like it's 1999!! Woohoo! A closer look at the festivities:
minersville 083
minersville 076
minersville 049
minersville 061
minersville 154
minersville 133
minersville 030
minersville 023
minersville 037
minersville 009
Good times. Stay tuned for details about the adventure with the sweet Japanese truck of off-road joy. Those were also good times, that deserve their own blog post. :)

6 comments:

Nathan and Esther said...

Thanks for letting us ride down with you! Those pics are sweet!

All About M.E.('s) said...

What a fun weekend! That's one fun thing about not all living in the same area-you guys get to spend the WHOLE weekend together, including sleepover's-fun!! I feel cheated-I might have to beg one of my siblings to let us come and spend the weekend with them just to see what it's like.
You and Esther have me curious about the Japanese truck.

Becca said...

I'm glad you clarified that it's a "Japenese" truck. I got it wrong on my blog. Anyways this weekend was a lot of fun. Thanks for visiting!

kaparowitzzz said...

Becca, I've never heard of Japen.
is it close to Japan?

THE BRADY BUNCH said...

Great pics - that was a fun weekend!!

The Wright's said...

I had to laugh at your trampoline comment! SOOO true! I just got on with the kids and about killed myself. Having three kids doesn't help - I am pretty loose down there and almost wet my drawers! Yet they can jump for hours and hours. You are one cool aunt!