Friday, April 18, 2008

Hello, Spring? Are You There?

This spring weather is pure torture. Beautiful, 70 degree happiness one day and snow the next. I know this happens every year and you would think I'd be used to it, but Hunter's cabin fever is contagious and we can't seem to recover from this affliction. Hunter has spent all winter making improvements to the bike, and we are chomping at the bit to take it on a road trip. Here's a picture of our New and Improved Trusty Steed:
DSC05250
This sweetheart has been farkled like there's no tomorrow. Hunter added a skid plate, crash bars and highway pegs, as well as a re-upholstered seat. Hopefully our tushies will fare much better on those long, brutal rides. :)

Speaking of farkling, I have learned several new languages since I started hanging out with Hunter. Some of these new terms pertain to riding, others relate to his various hobbies including trains, planes, and (RC) automobiles. If you're interested, here's a few of my favorites:

Pillion: Me. Or actually, any 'passenger' on a motorcycle...in our case, it happens to be me.

Two Up: Two people + one motorcycle. An excellent way to get a prolonged snuggle from your honey.

Wee: The 650 cc version of the Suzuki Vstrom. In a September 2006 article, Cycle World magazine wrote "the DL650 may just be the most shockingly competent machine in the world today." A 2004 article from MotorcycleUSA.com said "it was hard to imagine another machine with a competitive versatility-per-dollar ratio." Hunter and I have put 21,000 miles on our sweet ride in less than two years. It's virtually bulletproof.

Harley: The fastest way to convert gasoline into noise without the side effect of horsepower. Also known as the loudest fart noise money can buy. By the way, I hate that word: fart. It offends me just to look at it. No idea how I managed to type it...twice!!

This pretty much concludes our Rider Education course for the day. In closing, I'd like to leave you with a few of my favorite pics from the Montana Road Trip 2006, an epic adventure of 1600+ miles in which we rode two-up on a farkled Wee. It was truly a journey of joy. I was one happy pillion.
DSC01218
DSC01112
DSC01079
DSC01078
montana 158
montana 143

4 comments:

Jess said...

These pictures are breath taking!

Becca said...

You're killing me with your new words! Anyways, fart.....fart....fart.......fart.....fart......fart........fart...fart...fart.....fart.....fart....fart

Momma Mimi said...

Where is this taken! I want to be there!!! And I want a ride on a motorcycle! I told Christian I wanted him to get one, he thought it was funny 'cuz his friends wives DON'T want them!

Zachary said...

Those are some awesome pictures...and I feel so much more educated in the ways of the motorcycle!