Sunday, March 30, 2008

Jungle Fever

One of my good friends is having a baby boy soon, and her shower was last Friday. Unfortunately I was unable to attend, thanks to this awful cold that won't leave me alone. Anyhoo, I've been wanting to do some t-shirt designs with my digi-scrap supplies and finally got the chance. I used Mindy Teresawa's digital stickers found here to make these:
welcome to the jungle
grr
new to the herd
see you later
mr tough guy

I then printed these onto iron-on transfer paper and voila:
tees 016
tees 019

I didn't realize until I'd done two or three of the shirts, but you really need to trim the iron-ons as close to the design as you can. I'm not quite sure how to explain it, but you'll end up with extra "stuff" around your design if you don't trim it close. So ya, don't make the same mistake I did! Anyway, this was fun & easy...so if you need a baby gift idea, here ya go! :)

10 comments:

Nathan and Esther said...

Those are sooo soo cute! I love them!

Monica said...

YOu kill me! Those are adorable! I have been looking at a lot of digital stuff and an online photoshop element class. Eeek! KInda scary.

rsheedy said...

Monica, I swear...if I can do it, anyone can do it! It's true. And I've seen your creative talent, so you have nothing to fear. You will rock the digi-world!

The Lund Five said...

Those are so cute! Perfect for a baby gift!

Zachary said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Zachary said...

On a lot of those transfer sheets, if you send the shirt or clothing through the wash, it usually gets rid of the extra "stuff" from non-trimming. However, it also tends to fade the color a bit if it hasn't had a chance to set.

Next time make a onesy with a tricycle that says, "This is how I roll"

rsheedy said...

Zach, you are a freaking genius! I love it! :)

ang said...

now you can quit your job! hooray!!!

All About M.E.('s) said...

Wow--such a cute idea. YOu are so clever!

Becca said...

Thanks Rachie, I just found my next Enrichment craft.