Saturday, February 9, 2008

Old Dog, New Tricks

This is me:
radio control 066
What am I doing? Besides looking kinda scary, I'm also building something. I'm building a gear box, to be exact! Can you believe it?! The gear box that eventually went into this:
radio control 073
So ya, I built that!! Hunter decided it was high time I move out of my comfort zone, and get mechanical. So I humored him...and it was really kinda cool! The best part? It actually works...which means I did it right! Seriously, you have no idea what a miracle this really is. Here's some more pics of the little guy:
radio control 074
Here's the gear box, in all its glory:
radio control 075
So when it comes to Tamiya RC kits, here's the score:
Rachie: One
radio control 068

Hunter: One Million!
Tamiya Tower
Every single one of these boxes in this Tamiya Tower of Joy contained an RC car or truck, all built by him. This lovely tower cost us about $2500.00. When we starve to death, at least we'll be able to have fun doing it!

8 comments:

Smiley Family said...

Way to go! I am so proud of you! I, on the other hand, am going to leave the RCing completely up to Brian.

All About M.E.('s) said...

Very impressive!! You are one smart cookie.

The Carter Family: said...

That is very impressive! I do not touch anything of that nature, if I even tried to then I would mess it up and be in big trouble from Brady. I leave all that stuff up to him because he loves it and I don't.

Nathan and Esther said...

That is a feat to be reckoned with! way to go! Nathan would be proud also, and maybe a little jealous. I hear tires taste good.

Becca said...

Now you just need to teach Hunter how to scrapbook!

Nathan and Esther said...

What's that guy doing on the tv behind you?

The Lund Five said...

That is impressive. I don't know if I could do something like that. Everyone tells Dave he needs to get one of those too. Maybe when we can afford it!

kaparowitzzz said...

hey, give me one of your extras. thanks.