Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Project: Complete (well, kind of...)

To follow up with this post, I have finally finished the project! Woohoo! Of course, it's not totally finished because I started making one for Essie & her cute family. So I'm waiting for the prints to arrive, before I can continue with her version. In the meantime, however, here's a look at the finished products:
DSC04575
I had a lot of 'white space' around the top & bottom of the photos so I decided to add some chipboard flourishes. I painted and embossed them, then attached them to the foam board. Here's a bit of a closer look:
DSC04570
And here's a shot of the Sheedy version:
DSC04576
It's kinda tricky taking pics of these projects, because it's late and there's just not enough light. But when the sun is barely up when you leave for work, and already setting when you come home, there's not much you can do about it! Anyhoo, for Essie's version I decided to mix it up a bit. Here's the prints I designed (with the assistance of Jessica Sprague and iStockPhoto) for her wall decoration:
mess wall decoration
wall decoration mess pg2 copy
mess wall decoration pg3
This project has been pretty fun. I've never done anything like it before, so it has been interesting. And fortunately, I have my cute husband to help me with the technical stuff...like aligning the photos on the foam board. That was rather tricky, and I was really worried about screwing it up! Thanks to Hunter, it turned out great.

So, yay. Now on to the next project. :)

5 comments:

The Carter Family: said...

Super cute. Remember my b-day is in a few months!

Smiley Family said...

Onto the next project?? But Christmas is over! Actually, I am right there with you. I am trying to get a project done before my hubby's B-day on Monday. The projects never do end, do they?! Oh, and your projects turned out great!

Nathan and Esther said...

You rock!!!! It looks great! did I mention that YOU ROCK!

Monica said...

Beautiful. You seriously do great work. I am so tempted to go completely digital when I see your stuff.

All About M.E.('s) said...

Very nice. You are really talented! What is your next project?