Sunday, January 13, 2008

Cabin Fever

Now that the holidays are over, I'm ready for spring. I think winter should end right after Christmas; no sense dragging it out any longer. I'm not a fan of the cold, so of course it makes it that much harder for Hunter to get me to go outside. I feel bad, but not bad enough to change my ways...

Truth be told, it's really too cold to play outside. Unless you are skiing or participating in some sort of winter sport, you'll freeze to death. And if you want to take your RC cars outside to stretch their legs? Ya right...your car will freeze to death with you. So Hunter, like me, has turned to his building projects to combat his case of cabin fever. His latest build is rather lovely, if you ask me:
fighter buggy 011
fighter buggy 008
fighter buggy 013
fighter buggy 005
I think the paint job looks awesome. Hunter decided to take a different approach, and did his own custom style when he built and painted this guy. It turned out very nicely. And the best part is that yesterday was warm enough, Hunter was actually able to take it out for a spin! Yay!

I'm definitely missing our 'nature walks', and can't wait until the warm weather returns and the walking can resume! (Shhh....don't tell Hunter I said that!)

7 comments:

Nathan and Esther said...

For me you say? just kidding, that looks really awesome! Tell Hunter good job!

Zachary said...

Wow...that Hunter has some real talent! Nice work...seriously.

I hear you on the winter too. I mean yesterday it only got up to 73 degrees! Can you believe that? Lousy southern California.

Smiley Family said...

Oh Zach, quit your bragging. The car looks awesome! By the way, Brian got his last Thursday and he LOVES it - but he has crashed it twice already! I think he needs to take some driving lessons :)

The Carter Family: said...

That car looks super neat! I like the guy behind the wheel, the pictures make it look life-size!!

rsheedy said...

I think the guy behind the wheel looks pretty nervous. He must know Hunter is the one driving...

Monica said...

Aaron got his too. Thanks for the info. I'm not sure I'm happy about this new found expensive hobby. I went out with him and the kids today to the church parking lot. I haven't seen him so excited in a long time. He was like a little boy.

The Lund Five said...

Looks like a fun toy, but I don't know if I want to get Dave hooked on a toy like that. I've got a question for you. I like my blog template but the header didn't turn out like it was supposed to. Any way to keep the template and just change the header. My blog is www.thelundfive.blogspot.com