Saturday, December 1, 2007

'Tis the Season

tree 006 copy
I just love our Christmas Tree. It's fake, of course...I would never dare put a real one in my house, unless it was in a non-carpeted room. And, well, that's pretty much the kitchen/dining room or the basement, so that would be lame. However, this tree is beautiful...and it's because Becca gave it to me. If you ever visit my house, and comment on something cute, chances are it came from Becca. She has totally decorated my entire house, and she always shares her great tastes with me. I love it! So thanks to Becca, I have a pretty tree.

Last year was the first Sheedy Christmas...at least, the first Rach & Hunter Sheedy Christmas. It's also the year Becca gave us the tree, so we had to find decorations. Hunter helped me pick out some ornaments at Target, and when we got the whole thing set up we were blown away at how perfectly it matched our living room. It's the perfect complement; I wish we could leave it up all year! Well okay, except for the part where it takes up half of our living room...but, whatever. Small price to pay, right?

Anyway. I love this tree of joy and thanksgiving. It makes me feel like a real grown-up, whenever I look at it! LOL. It's the crowning jewel on my attempt at adulthood. And when I sit here with all the lights out (except the tree lights), I think maybe adulthood can be magical after all.

4 comments:

kaparowitzzz said...

nice photo again. I really enjoy this time of year, especially gift giving and then putting the nicely wrapped present under the tree. It's a lot o' fun.

Smiley Family said...

Great tree! We still have not yet graduated to a full sized tree. Ours is six feet, but very skinny. Maybe next year, when Ashlyn is really into Christmas we will fork out the cash to upgrade. But for now, a tree is a tree is a tree. As long as there are presents underneath, right?

All About M.E.('s) said...

Your tree is beautiful! You should keep your tree up all year, heck, why not? You might get some odd looks in July, but who cares.
I love this time of year, too, it's definitely my favorite. Plus, the nice snowstorm that we had yesterday just makes it seem even more like the holidays. Makes me wanna sip some hot cocoa!

Nathan and Esther said...

Pretty tree! and pretty picture! You guys rock, thanks for coming down!