Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Christmas Crunch

Blogging? Who has time for that, anymore?! Somehow I've found myself waist-deep in Christmas projects, with no time to spare. Hunter always teases me about my infamous 'deadlines', but I just remind him that without deadlines, my projects would last forever! Yikes!

So, in the midst of all this holiday hullabaloo, I have to keep reminding myself to stop and appreciate the season for what it is. I love this magical time of year, and I don't want to be so task-oriented that I squander it away on the transient and mundane. I want to savor the enchantment, appreciate the anticipation, and remember the true purpose of our celebration. I want to live in the magic of the moment.

5 comments:

All About M.E.('s) said...

I hear you loud and clear! I am buried waist deep in projects right now also. I think if I start everyday at 8 am and work until midnight from now until Christmas, I may finish them? Next year I'll start earlier (yeah right). Today I had to take a break from projects and clean my house just so I felt like there was a little bit of orderliness to my life since I have projects spread from one end of my house to the other. The sad thing is in a couple of weeks it will all be over and I'll sit wondering where the time went and what happened to my favorite time of year :(.

Nathan and Esther said...

Amen, Sister!

Zachary said...

You guys are behind? Really? I have had all my holiday season projects done for months! Oh wait...that was for 2006. Awesome Blog Cousin! You are SO Right!

The Carter Family: said...

Yeah, I am sooooo buried in projects-but then I get stressed and so I have to read blogs for a minute-so thanks for the reminder! And I know why you are so busy, it's because I keep calling you constantly with 10 million tech-support questions! And thanks for the help with my projects and everybody else's! What would we do w/o you?

Gretch said...

I agree with Esther, Amen Cuz! I hear you loud and clear. For my sanity I have been trying to check blogs here and there. Thanks for the reminder. Good Luck! :)