Thursday, December 27, 2007

Beauty All Around

I love going home. And I love where I'm from. Henrieville might be small-town, middle-of-nowhere, hickville to most people, but it is surrounded by some of the most gorgeous country in the world. And, it's my home. It's where my sweet mama and papa live, a therapeutic and restive retreat.

Of course, Bryce Canyon is also home. I grew up with a majestic view of the National Park from my backyard, attended Bryce Valley elementary and high school, and worked at Ruby's Inn for ten years. I am proud of this scenic wonder, so it fills my heart with joy when I discover a rare article such as this. Such moving sentiments, so eloquently worded. It makes this little hometown girl swell with pride.

3 comments:

The Carter Family: said...

What a great article! Good job for finding it and posting the link!

Zachary said...

That is an awesome article. When is the Ruby Inn Retreat this year? I want to plan ahead and be there.

rsheedy said...

The retreat is scheduled for Easter weekend this year: March 21-23. Hope to see you there!!!!