Saturday, November 10, 2007

Barker Buddies

The Barker family came to visit yesterday. I love the Barkers. When I was growing up, I had dreams of becoming a Barker someday...because it was the last name of the guy I had a crush on, LOLOLOL!

Nine years ago, I walked into Crovo Pollege (names have been changed to protect the innocent) and Ang was sitting at the front desk. I was applying for the evening receptionist position, and Ang was one of my interviewers. She was impressed with my wit and hired me on the spot. Okay maybe I exaggerated a few of the details, but the final result was the same...I was hired and Angela and I became fast friends. She is one of the coolest dudes ever invented, and we get along so well...she's basically my fifth sister! We started hanging out all the time, and found we had tons of common interests such as crocheting...random! We decided it would be cool to be roommates, and started looking for an apartment to rent. Then Paul Barker came along and ruined everything (for me, that is). LOLOLOL. Okay, I'm kidding. But he did steal my roommate, which is an (almost) unforgiveable offense!

So, Ang and Paul got married the day before my sister Becca and her husband Jed got married. It was a busy weekend! :) And the coolest thing about the Barkers? They continued to befriend me, and let me hang out with them even though I was a lame and boring single chick. Everybody knows that when you are single and your friends get married, that is the last you see of your friend. They might make efforts to continue the friendship, but it is changed forever and eventually fades into nothingness. Not so, the Barkers! Ang and Paul are the best dudes, and they have done sooooooo much for me over the years. There was a time when I would go with Ang to her house after work every day, and the three of us would have dinner and watch tv while Ang and I crocheted our guts out all night. They fed me every night for like a year! They hung out with me on numerous Friday evenings when all my friends were out on dates. Ang took me to the hospital and spent the day with me when I had to undergo a horribly embarrassing diagnostic procedure and my mama was unable to be there. They even helped me tile the floor in my first house, which was a MAJOR ORDEAL! You don't tile the floor for just anyone! I happened to find a few photos of the event...I think it was probably like 1:00 am...ugh!88325_2488325_25
The sad thing is, I really think these are the only digital photos I have of my dear friends! That's pretty pathetic on my part.

Anyway, two years ago the Barkers welcomed little Davis to their family, and he is the cutest thing ever. Here's a pic of Davis with his favorite Aunt Rach:
B0004566
Hunter and I had so much fun hanging out with the Barkers last night. We just don't get to see them often enough...it's too bad we don't live closer! Like, next door would be great. How 'bout it, Ang? I think the house three doors down is for sale! Woohoo!

9 comments:

Zachary said...

Nothing...and I mean NOTHING...beats a friendship that lasts through years, marriages to others, living as roommates and even home improvements. Gotta love friends. Almost as much as family.

kaparowitzzz said...

way to go barkers.

kaparowitzzz said...

ps, can I come over for dinner too.

Nathan and Esther said...

I like the barkers too! yay, they are cool dudes and they have been way nice to me too. Although I do remember one time when I called you rachie and you were at their house and paul answered the phone cus he thought the name said 'easy' instead of 'essie' and he wanted to know who in the world was 'easy'!!!! LOL good times good times. Good dudes last through thick and thin. I would like to be invited over for dinner also....

Pablo said...

RRRRach!!! Remember the goodbye girl starring that chick from everybody loves raymond that tbs advertised like mad during law and order episodes we watched while installing tile? The pepsi girl sucked in that show that was unreal terrible too. Feed me more roast... I need more roast in my mouth, bite it, mouth

The Carter Family: said...

Yeah, I always thought Angie was super cool and I was so glad that you had a good friend-especially one to help you out through all the rough spots on life! I don't really know her husbands, but knowing who he picked to marry, I am sure he is cool too!

rsheedy said...

You can ALL come over for dinner! Anytime! Well, a little notice would be nice...

ang said...

you're the best dude ever!!!!

THE BRADY BUNCH said...

Great pics - when I saw you holding the baby I thought Ang must have had another one because I knew her's wasn't that young still!! Good thing you explained and I finally read it! So, when is dinner??? (we have a party of 5!!)!!!