Sunday, November 11, 2007

Adventure in the Hills

DSC04200
Yay for the weekend! We decided to celebrate our freedom from work by going for a walk in Big Cottonwood Canyon. Of course, we had to take our trusty RC buddies (so Rach wouldn't get bored and Hunter could test his new High-Lift truck), and we headed up the Donut Falls trail. This trail turned out to be rather technical, and rather fun! For the first time in the history of the universe, my truck out-performed Hunter's. Needless to say, I was pretty proud of myself...nevermind the fact that Hunter built both of them. Here are some more Kodak moments:
DSC04201
DSC04206
DSC04207
DSC04217
DSC04220
DSC04221
DSC04223
DSC04225
The weather was actually quite nice, and we had a great time. It cracks me up that I could have such a great time playing with toys! But hey, I can justify it because these toys actually require a fair amount of skill. Someday, maybe I'll achieve some of that skill...lololol. Until then, I'll just keep having fun crashing my trucks...with style, of course.

11 comments:

Nathan and Esther said...

Donut trail...I wonder how many people have hiked that trail and been soley disappointed to find out there were no donuts. pretty pictures though.

kaparowitzzz said...

wow, i'm impressed with your skills. really. maybe someday uncle jed j. can come over to try 'em out.

Zachary said...

I seriously love your pictures. The perspective of making them look full-size is awesome. Looks like you guys had fun!

The Carter Family: said...

looks like fun!

rsheedy said...

Uncle Jed J: Let's make a deal. You can come over and give 'em a try...if you get rid of that ridiculous pic of me on your blog!!! LOLOLOL. Sounds like a plan to me!

Gretch said...

Those really do look life size! It sounds like you guys had a great time. What a fun thing to do with your hubby.

Smiley Family said...

Donut Falls, I haven't been there in years! We'll have to make a trip up next spring. Great pics, looks like a lot of fun :)

kaparowitzzz said...

Just wait a few days and it will disappear into the archives :)

rsheedy said...

Jamie: I guess this means you're not in labor...lol!

ang said...

oh my gosh...D just wants to look at these pics ALL THE TIME. He keeps saying "rach jeeps, rach jeeps" over and over and over. LOL

THE BRADY BUNCH said...

Hey - why didn't you invite our Barbie and Ken to go for a ride??!! So how exactly DID "Donut trail" get it's name?? We should all take a guess. My guess would be that some guy lost his donut in the woods and hiked all around looking for it - thus came the trail that he kept walking!!