Monday, September 24, 2007

The Home Stretch

The official last day of our vacation...sniff! We got up early and were amazed to see the thick blanket of fog that enveloped us. Here are a few pictures of the clouds over the lake:
rmnp 003
rmnp 001
If you look closely at the first photo you can see the steam rising from the lake! What a peaceful, cozy morning...I can't imagine how cool it would be to live here. Except for the whole winter thing...that would be downright freezing. I'd have to hibernate, for sure.

Even though it was our last day of vacation, I couldn't help but be a bit excited because we were on our way to meet our new niece! It was killing me that Essie's little sweetheart still hadn't met her favorite aunt. So when the glorious moment finally arrived, I could hardly contain myself! There is something extra special about meeting my youngest sister's first child. It was unforgettable.
rach & maddy
mad
Isn't she gorgeous?

2 comments:

The Carter Family: said...

Your photos are gorgeous! I can't wait to meet little Madison-good thing we get to see her tonight! Yeah!

Nathan and Esther said...

Thanks rachie for coming to visit when you did...I sure did need it!