Friday, July 13, 2007

Red BullCrap

I hope you're ready for a good old-fashioned Rachie Rant, because here it comes. I am Not Happy. A few months ago, I was quite happy. It was May, and Hunter and I had just attended the Red Bull Air Race in Monument Valley. It really rocked, and the best part was how much Hunter loved it. He was like a kid in a candy store, and it was cute. So of course I started thinking (read: plotting) and realized I had the chance to give him the coolest birthday present EVER. Check it out: Pretty cool, right? So it was May 15th, and the gift had to get from Germany to Utah by June 25th. No problem. In fact, I decided to exercise extra self-discipline and ship it to my sister in Orem, so when it arrived I wouldn't be tempted to give it to him early. It's been known to happen, so I figured preventive measures were in order. I made the purchase and kicked back, believing the hard work was done. And I was on the road to major brownie points!

As time passed I watched Hunter receive various shipments of brushless motors, bushings and other necessary RC car, boat and plane parts from locations including China and Japan. Germany is much closer than China and Japan; I had plenty of time! More time passed and I decided it was a good thing I hadn't waited to place the order. Even more time passed and I realized I would have been safe having the order shipped to our house. In fact, I started getting nervous.

Friday, June 22...still no shirt. Birthday on Monday. Where is my order?? I emailed the company and they told me to give it another week...it could take up to five weeks for the order to arrive. Extremely disappointed, I assured Hunter his gift was on the way and I most certainly hadn't forgotten his important day! He was really sweet and understanding (that's why I keep him around). I called poor Esther EVERY SINGLE DAY hoping she had good news about the mail. No such luck.

Let's fastforward to today. Guess what still has not arrived? Ya, NO SHIRT. Nothing. Nada. Nil. Kaput. I'm so frustrated. I emailed the folks at the Bullshop (that's their name for it...I use a different name...) and they said the shirt had not been returned to them. After several emails back and forth, they finally sent me a form they asked me to print, complete, and MAIL BACK in order to receive a full refund. Uh, ya...why would I MAIL a form to request a refund for an order that the MAIL failed to deliver? Does anyone else see something wrong with this picture? Not only that, but I don't really want a refund...this is my hubby's birthday present and he was so excited about it. It's super belated now, but I'd still like to give it to him! Of course, when I told the Bullshop this, they informed me that the shirt was no longer in stock. Which led me to speculate...how do I even know they mailed the order in the first place? Yikes!!!

Despite all this, I still have a secret hope that the shirt will show up any day now...and this secret hope is secretly crushed on a daily basis...

What a sad state of affairs! By the way, is anyone going to Germany in the near future?

2 comments:

ang said...

this story sucks! have you found a replacement yet? i'm sure that you have done plenty of searching for another shirt. is that the one, specific holy grail of Red Bull shirts or would he settle for a different one???

Nathan and Esther said...

and yet the shirt STILL hasn't arrived and it is October!!!!