Sunday, June 10, 2007

A Walk in the Park

Actually it was in the woods. This time, anyway. Hunter has made it his mission to get me out of the house, and he's doing a darn good job, if you ask me! I am definitely NOT an outdoor person...my favorite hobbies pretty much all involve the couch. Let's see, reading? Best done on the couch. Knitting? On the couch. Digi-scrapping? You guessed it--laptop and couch. Anyone sensing a theme here?

Now don't get me wrong...it's not that I enjoy sitting around. In fact, no matter what is going on, I have to be doing something. I can't just sit there. I have to be working on something. Unfortunately, the something usually involves a couch or a nice cozy armchair. Or even bed! I LOVE reading in bed. It's my favorite.

Well. Needless to say, these activities drive Hunter nuts. He has to be doing something as well, but his doing involves the outdoors. Fresh air, sunshine, and preferrably solitude, but definitely outdoors. So we are in an ongoing battle of wills. Turns out, we are both pretty darn stubborn.

Unfortunately for me, I know Hunter is right. I do need to get outside, and I definitely need to move my muscles more. It's so good for me, in so many ways. So we've struck up a compromise, and it works out quite well. We take the RC trucks and head for the park. It works because I'm outside getting exercise, but I'm too distracted by my truck to realize it. Therefore, Hunter's goal is to cover as much ground as possible before I lose interest. It's almost enough to make you feel bad for him!

Today we decided to take the trucks up the canyon...Little Cottonwood Canyon, that is. We've scouted out all the local parks and discovered they are quite heavily trafficked on a Sunday, so we figured this was our best bet. Here's a shot of today's toys:
I'm the Land Rover on the left, and H is the big MAN truck on the right. And no, he's not trying to prove anything...MAN is a european truck quite popular in the european truck trials. Just to prove it, here's a shot of his front bumper:
So you see, it's legit and completely true. And this MAN is really amazing. H built him from scratch, no kits involved, so this is his pride and joy. And it's definitely the highest performing RC truck he owns! (Believe me, that is no small feat!) So it goes without saying that Hunter was really looking forward to putting this guy to the test today. And I'm happy to say that he more than exceeded our expectations! He can pretty much climb over ANYTHING. It's really cool to watch.

Anyway, here are a few more pics of the gorgeous canyon (and some of our trucks, as well):


1 comment:

ang said...

HOLY CRAP! Your blog header is AWESOME!!!!!